Sunday, June 22, 2008

Family Fun




We had lots of fun getting out of the heat and playing with the Wilkins side of the family last week. My Aunt Annette & Uncle Orton and all their kids and grandkids and greatgrandkids met up in Pinetop for the weekend. We hung out, ate lots of fattening food , shot guns (those without babies) rode suped up golf carts and went fishing. Most of the pics had to be taken by others(those without babies) so this is what I got! It was a great way to spend Father's Day and wouldn't you know the fish really weren't biting but those that did ended up on Katelyn and Dave's rods! I swear my hubby never gets skunked , thank goodness cause at least I know we won't starve to death if the poop ever hits the fan. But now it seems my dear sweet little girl is going to follow in her Daddy's foot prints. She caught the very first fish on her own little rod! She was sooo excited until it came onto shore belly up basically and when Daddy put it on the stringer she cried cause she wanted to bring it home and put it in our fish tank. Then she needed to know if it was a boy fish or a girl fish. There was a little fibbing going on for that one but it seemed to appease her until Dave caught the next fish which happened to be whatever sex the first one wasn't! How lucky are we?

5 comments:

Arian said...

So fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. We are going to go camping over the 4th of July. I am a bit nervous to go with two little ones but I suppose if other people can do it then so can we. :)

Chelsey Howard said...

That is so funny:) Kaetlynn is so cute! That's nice that you guys got to get away. I love family vacations, it's so nice not to have to worry about groceries, work, cleaning,etc. Yeah we are all about the pedicures we'll have to go in 2 or 3 week and get them done that would be so much fun!!!

Megan said...

I fixed it!! (I'm a dork!)
http://pickleboatrecipes.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Cute new posts! Hope you guys are doing well! You should come to playgroup one of these Fridays. We'd all love to see you & the kids.

Kara said...

Cute blog, Tami! I love your family picture. It looks like you guys had a great Fathers Day weekend.. how fun for your husband to catch fish with his little girl! She sounds like my daughter... is it a boy or girl fish? How funny! Check out my blog, when you get a chance!

Kara Sly

slyseven.blogspot.com