So Thursday morning I went in Katelyn's room about 3 am and woke her up and asked if she wanted to go and spend the day doing something special with Mommy & Daddy. She was tired but intrigued and when I explained it was "Katelyn's Day" and it was a suprise she popped out of bed. We drove to the airport , trying to guess where we were going the whole way, and hopped on a plane to Orange County. Were we going to the beach? Grammy's house? We got a rental car and drove and still no idea where we were!
When she finally figured it out she was soooooo excited! She kept telling everyone it was" Katelyn's Day" like Father's Day or some other holiday, too cute. She was excited to meet all the princesses at the Faire
Then she found Ariel over at the Grotto
and Pocohantas and Meeko in Frontierland. We rode on lots of rides, including Space Mountain and the Matterhorn, the teacups were her favorite. We even got rained on too! Of course no visit to Disneyland is complete until you meet the most famous mouse ever.
Thanks to Grandma for staying home with Brody, we had a great day just the 3 of us. Just our little way to tell her we love her lots and we know it's hard sometimes to be the big sister, but she does an awesome job!







4 comments:
Ok, so are you trying to make all the other moms on the planet look bad?? :) That is so darn awesome that you guys did that. I bet she will remember that for the rest of her life. And she'll probably be hitting you up for more "Katelyn Day's" every few weeks!
I love it!!! How sweet. She is just beaming! You guys are so fun. Can we have "Megan" day now?
Soooo don't worry about yesterday. Amber Olsen told me about Disneyland so I figured you were having a recovery day. ;) We're actually going on vacation next week, but we can do something the first week in June, for sure!!
WOW these pictures are amazing. I miss you, but I am going to mexico tomorrow. I will call you when I get back.
Wow, I wish you were my mom:) That is so fun. Isn't it nice to leave the baby at home sometimes. It makes things easier, no naps bottles, etc. I bet she LOVED the princesses. So fun. I love Disneyland, it's one of my favorite places.
Post a Comment